Human Resource Coordinator *Volunteer, Unpaid Position
- Passion For Life, Inc., Atlanta, GA, United States
Passion for Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to help students identify their passions and create a plan to turn their passions into rewarding careers. Passion for Life, Inc. was created to be a high energy and engaging process that helps students identify their passions and gain clarity on how to utilize their core strengths and talents to select a career.
Passion for Life, Inc. is seeking an individual to serve as HR Coordinator for the organization. In this role, the primary responsibility is to be a hands-on representative of the department whose job is to help facilitate all basic Human Resources functions. This role is to also assist in developing recruitment strategy, and manage the recruitment process.
- Assist in developing organization HR strategies by identifying and researching Human Resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Manage and post all positions for the organization and complete initial interviewing of qualified candidates
- Act as liaison between Atlanta Public Schools (APS) and Passion for life in regards to intern onboarding process
- Extending job offers to candidates and/or rejection decisions
- Tracking attendance for volunteers and direct service interns
- Be the point of contact for all HR matters and act as liaison between staff and management for means of communication
- Complete administrative duties as directed by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Nonprofit Management
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, independent decisions.
- Ability to maintain highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism.
Time Commitment: 5 - 8 hours a week