Career Coach *Unpaid, Internship
- Passion For Life, Inc, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Passion for Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to help students identify their passions and create a plan to turn their passions into rewarding careers. Passion for Life, Inc. was created to be a high energy and engaging process that helps students identify their passions and gain clarity on how to utilize their core strengths and talents to select a career.
Passion for Life (P4L) is seeking an individual to serve as a Career Coach for the organization. This role helps high school students identify passions and skills, explore career options, and choose an educational program that will lead to a career aligned with their passion.
In this role, the Career Coach will work with a student individually and in a group setting to help provide them with direction. The coach strategically works with them to assess, monitor the progress, and give advice for effectiveness and efficiency. This role is great for people who love to help people reach their full potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps students identify personal interests, core strengths and career goals, while completing reports following sessions to track students’ progress
- Assists students in creating a career development plan, and to develop SMART goals
- Guide students through making decisions about their potential career pathways and higher education plan
- Lead and facilitate group sessions based on provided lesson plan with students on topics that aid in self-discovery and career exploration and planning
- Guide students through personal development and how to be resilient during life challenges
- Help clients select and apply for educational programs, to obtain the necessary skills, degrees, and credentials needed for a successful career
- Use assessments to help students evaluate their aptitude, interests, skills and abilities
- Evaluate and manage student progress to identify students’ individual needs in session notes. Responsible for leading the development and implementation of a plan to address the student’s need(s).
- Must be currently pursuing a degree in one of the following fields: Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, or a related human service field
- Must be classified as a Junior or Senior
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others
- Desire to encourage, inspire and aid in the transformation of students’ lives.
- Willingness to commit to P4L for two academic semesters 8-10 hours per week
- Availability Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. and one Saturday a month for training
- Ability to attend scheduled weekly sessions
- Mandatory attendance at monthly planning meetings