Application Support Engineer
- Denver, CO
Outsourced Partners, an executive recruiting firm, has been retained to confidentially search for a Application Support Engineer
$60K - $80K Range dependent upon experience.
We’re seeking a seasoned and passionate Application Support Engineer to come aboard our talented team to provide daily application support, configuration and maintenance for customer facing applications. You will provide superior customer service while enjoying hands on technical work. You will have excellent communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment where your contributions and hard work are recognized and appreciated. This position requires providing on-call support, weekend maintenance support and periodic off hours evening work. Competency with Linux and Windows operating systems is a must. If you possess the above mentioned skills and have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed, please read on!
- Bachelor’s degree in area of computer related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of programming and/or technical support experience in application development or support.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux, SQL, and web server configuration and monitoring.
- Effective communication skills including technical content
- Ability to work directly with customers to gather requirements, provide instruction, and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of SQL and ability to create and execute SQL scripts and queries.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn, diagnose, manage and fix issues with web servers and mid-tier servers
- Knowledge of monitoring strategies and ability to configure client website monitoring
- Familiarity with a variety of support and systems integration concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, XEN, or Hyper-V)
- Understanding of load balancing technology, server clusters, and web services
- Experience supporting, configuring, maintaining, and/or integrating computer systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and fix problems
- Perl, K-shell, Java, C#, VB or PHP programming / scripting
What you’ll be doing
- Linux system administration (installation, cron, Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions, Folder Creation, FTP, DNX, Proxy, Samba, LDAP, NFS, NIS)
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Managing incidents and problems that arise, driving for root cause of problems to prevent incident recurrence
- Participating in on-call and after-hours support and implementation activities
- Communicating and collaborating directly with customers to provide status updates, troubleshoot, test and identify improvement opportunities
- Creating documentation that describes application setup and procedure on how to accomplish tasks, as well as remedies to known application problems and troubleshooting steps
- Creating change control forms to document proposed changes in both staging and production environments
- Testing and integrating all customer releases, fixes, updates, and modifications
- Participating in, identifying and implementing improvements and enhancements as part of project teams
- Performing other duties as required.
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- HSA, FSA
- Short-term, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick time
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation