Numberly is recognized as one of the world's leading data marketing specialists with nearly 500 employees and 8 offices worldwide serving more than 500 blue-chip clients (L'Oréal, Ipsen, Groupe Seb, HSBC...). By putting technology to work for brands and consumers, Numberly is at the heart of business growth and everyone's desire for more responsible and relevant marketing. Numberly leverages the latest advances in data processing, analysis, and media activation in a virtuous cycle of business competitiveness, enhanced privacy, and data protection.
Numberly is looking for a Data Engineer to join its dedicated Data team.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Create and maintain pipeline jobs that transfer client data to/from our database diverse infrastructure (Hadoop (Hive,hdfs,spark),Kafka, MS SQL Server, PgSQL, MongoDB, ScyllaDB).
- You will be part of the core development team working on a strategic project to deliver best in class saas solution using the latest cutting-edge technologies
- Nurture our large Hadoop cluster, optimize distributed Data Operations and Storage.
- Participate in decision making concerning efficient & ethical use of data and technological evolution at Numberly.
- Work alongside Data Analytics, Data Scientists, DevOps, and many other talented techs.
- Work alongside legal teams to ensure that Data Privacy and GDPR regulations are ensured.
- Suggest your own technological solutions and try them out (our latest POCs include Apache Druid, Delta and Tabular) .
- Join a great multicultural team filled with wonderful people.
- Like data in all its forms: raw, reworked, refined, calculated, analyzed, reused…
- Like work well done and pay attention to detail
- Dream of being able to develop and manage website databases with strong traffic
- Want to work with various, prestigious clients on different problems
- Are on the lookout for new languages/technologies and test the latest open source trends before others
- Want to be part of a project at the forefront of innovation
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer.
- It’s a plus if your keen on working with cryptography and mathematical concepts
You love the following stack ?
- Cloud Solutions (AWS, GCP, …)
- Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, HBase, ...)
- SQL Databases (MySQL, SQLServer)
- Apache Spark
- ETL (Apache Airflow or equivalent)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ScyllaDB, ElasticSearch, ...)
- Apache Kafka
- Python, Java, Scala
Even better if you know :
- Cube OLAP and PowerBI, Tabular
- API REST, WebServices
- Apache Druid
- Data Science and Machine Learning
- Message Queuing (RabbitMQ, Celery, …)
- At Numberly, we share a passion for passing on information to both our teams and clients: weekly internal talks, meetings with professionals who are experts in their field, and ongoing learning.
- Our onboarding is fast and powerful, thanks to the "Jedi Masters" assigned to each newcomer; the "Vis ma vie" (“Live my life” in different teams); and the "Happy Meetings" (monthly internal get-togethers with all of our teams around the world to share the group's latest news).
- We cultivate freedom of speech, which allows everyone to participate in the group's on-going development.
- We positively impact our ecosystem through 1000mercis actions and activities that create value in the Open Internet; we contribute to the enrichment of the Open Source.
- Numberly is a diversity player and Gender Equal by design (WeConnect International certification and a gender equity score of 97/100).
- Numberly offers an international environment, hosting over 30 nationalities worldwide.
- Other perks: offices that reflect each team, a generous library, a large fully equipped music studio, two cats, waste separation and worm composting, the ability to bring your pet, and room for bikes! In each kitchen: coffee, tea, infusions at will and also mystery lunches, yoga classes, sports classes and parties (often disguised).
- Possibility to be remote up to 50% of your time (to be organized as you wish) and to work up to 60 consecutive days (working days) in remote locations in Europe
- Swile card (meal vouchers).
- Mobility is possible within our various international offices.
- Numberly welcomes people with disabilities.
Positions available in Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Marseille, Nantes, Lille