Pediatric ABA Behavior Therapist (Part Time)
- Glenview, IL
North Shore Pediatric Therapy is the only concierge health and wellness center for children and young adults, that combines the power of multiple disciplines, first class service, and inspiring results, that has become the company’s hallmark. Deemed a Thought Leader in pediatric therapy, NSPT brings Peace of Mind to thousands of children and their families with its invigorating blend of positive environment, heroic staff, and blossoming kids. We provide the ultimate discovery that challenges lead to strengths, and happiness is abound. Our services include Occupational, Speech, & Physical Therapy, Applied Behavior Analysis, Neuropsychology Diagnostics & Treatment, Nutrition, and Academic Support including Tutoring and Executive Functioning. NSPT has been assisting families for over 16 years and has expanded to multiple locations.
North Shore Pediatric Therapy is looking for a Behavior Therapist…aka super cool, highly enthusiastic, professional, and compassionate person who loves to help children blossom!
Why join us? Our unique culture and core values make NSPT the best pediatric therapy employer in the nation.
Why else? All of our employees enjoy a FUN work environment where you can collaborate with top notch therapists specializing in 8 disciplines to ensure complete support for a child in need. We are a multidisciplinary center with multiple treatment locations in Chicago, Glenview, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Highland Park, Des Plaines, and Lake Bluff!
We are hiring right now! We are looking for a smart, client-centric, forward-thinking, solution-seeking, flexible, confident, experienced professionals to join our amazing teams in Chicago and surrounding suburbs!
The Low Down:
Our therapists are the most important members of our team. The behavior therapist should have experience working with children with autism spectrum disorder or other developmental disabilities.
The behavior therapist would conduct direct instruction with clients using Discrete Trial Training (DTT) and Natural Environment Training (NET), in group and individual settings. Behavior therapists teach a wide range of skills, including academics, self-care, play, and social skills. This position will implement individual treatment programs for children. Behavior therapists will also collaborate with a team of caring professionals and parents. You will have mentorship and supervision by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
What You Need Bring to the Table:
- Flexibility… when it comes to your schedule and availability to work, that is. Our clinics are open 7 days a week! We are currently looking for behavior therapists to join our team part time. Afternoon and early evening availability is a priority. Travel is required for this position.
- Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma, and ideal candidates will be working towards a degree in education, psychology, ABA or a related field.
- Desire to be a part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team with the drive to work together to ensure each child reaches his/her maximum potential.
- Previous experience working with children with ASD or other developmental disabilities. Applicants should submit a letter of interest and current resume/curriculum vitae.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent professional communication and customer service skills
- Leadership skills to implement instructions from behavior analysts and management staff
- Ability to conduct duties in settings other than the clinic, such as the school and home
- Insight to appropriately access and utilize manager or supervisor input
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs. and participate in strenuous activity.
- Excellent time management.
- Love the joy of bringing happiness into the lives of children and their families.
- A self- motivated, self- starter, self-assured, selfless attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high sense of urgency and multitasking skills
- Willingness to jump right in and make a splash
- Did we mention Confidence???
- Transportation and the ability to travel between clinics and to clients' homes.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To view more about being an NSPT team member, go to this web page: http://bestabacareers.com/