Senior Software Engineering Consultant
- London, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland & India. We're a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
A Senior Software Engineering Consultant at Buildit encompasses the DevOps culture and is not pigeonholed into the traditional ‘Developer’, ‘Systems’ or ‘WebOps’ roles. They feel comfortable building new software services, automating the platform they run on - while utilising the most suitable languages and technologies for the task - and advising their clients on how to achieve the same. They also care about how new and existing services fit into current and future architectures.
Above all, our Engineering Consultants love to share and teach others about how they did it.
- Look for better ways to solve problems, and strive to implement them
- Have a keen interest in emerging computing trends
- Learn how things work, just for fun or out of curiosity
- Care about the company they work for and its brand/business
What you’ll need:
- Experience in CI / CD toolsets and integrating these with the wider ecosystem
- Experience of Docker or other containerisation technologies
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to infrastructure strategies
Experience in at least two languages, with at least one being Java, JS, Python, C++ or C#
Ops / SysAdmin experience, including knowledge of reliability, DR and monitoring
- Knowledge of agile development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Git or another VCS, and an understanding of GitFlow / Release Management
- Working knowledge of Quality Engineering
- Proven experience of influencing stakeholders
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for sharing knowledge and learnings with the rest of the team/tribes
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com