Head of Strategic Business Growth and Enablement (NY)
- New York, NY, USA
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro Digital. The core charter of buildit is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and product development.
We are in growth mode and looking for high caliber business development leader / hunter that will build a healthy sales pipeline and drive business growth
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
What you'll do
- Business Development - Develop and implement a buildit-specific business development strategy that is executed and measured across the US. Must be able to attract, recruit, hire and develop a world-class, high performing sales organization. Accurately manage, inspect and report in a predictable manner on all aspects of sales pipeline development and forecasts for the U.S. region. Works closely with new and established channel partners to generate new business opportunities. Develop business development plan especially for Fortune 500/Global 2000 accounts. Lead negotiations for large complex global deals. Develop and execute buildit-specific sales strategy focused on targeting situations that match our core offering and capabilities. Have complete understanding of buildit’s value proposition and how both local and global teams collaborate and work together to successfully engage and complete engagements. Partner with other Wipro Digital (WD) business units and functional directors to create collaborative working relationships that is mutually beneficial and accelerates buildit’s growth strategy.
- Relationship Development – Establish, cultivate, and strengthen relationships with existing and new clients, working directly with executives and C-Level contacts, Wipro account teams and other key project stakeholders. Leverage existing and build networks to identify and source new relationships through participation in events and forums.
- Deal Closure – Push deals through closure state by aligning all stakeholders (i.e., technical teams, finance, legal, recruiting, and procurement, etc.). Develop and maintain deal closure plans; aligning proposition to the client’s evaluation and selection process. Understand the client’s organization and processes and manage all negotiations and closing activities accordingly.
- Brand Ambassador – Serve as a Wipro Digital brand ambassador and elevate Wipro’s perception in the marketplace.
- This role may require up to 70% domestic or international travel
Who we are looking for
A business development expert with extensive experience in developing relationship and creating viable consulting opportunities for software engineering and digital transformation in mid-sized to large enterprises.
- Big Four experience
- Comfortable selling to senior executives and CxOs
- Demonstrated success engaging in value proposition discussions
- Understand the complexities of relationships and culture of large enterprises
- Good understanding of agile software engineering best practices
Required Professional Expertise:
- Experienced business development professional in top Global Consulting firms
- Director+ level (senior leadership level) with 12+ years of professional services in software engineering sales experience (i.e., Cloud, DevOps, Product Engineering, Automation, etc.)
- Strong communicator with excellent negotiation skills, exceptional problem-solving abilities, with a keen aptitude to assess client needs. This leader must work well in a matrix environment; championing the value proposition of buildit to both internal and external clients / stakeholders
Skills and experience
- Enterprise experience or software engineering and high-end consulting sales experience at enterprise customers
- Act as a trusted consultant to our clients and as a leader and mentor to our teams
- Proven track record of carrying professional services / consulting services sales quota
- Proven track record of managing and mentoring business development team
- MBA or equivalent business education
- 5+ years in a 2nd line sales leadership role (Senior Director, Vice President, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding on how to sell high-end consulting services around digital transformation, software engineering, Cloud, and DevOps
- Minimum of 10 years in a quota-carrying sales role with demonstrated achievements
- Proven track record working with channel and technology partners to build strategic and cooperative sales campaigns
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.