Design Engineer / Creative Tech
- Dallas, TX, USA
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We love demanding challenges and getting to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. “Digital” can be both ambiguous and all encompassing with aspects of Engineering, Design, and Delivery. Technology centric but much more than just technologists, our agenda is delivering success for our customers.
We value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. We also help our clients on their transformation journey and through that process we are helping to transform the company we work for as well. We are helping to create new business model: a new technology consulting
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams and help others learn how to build scalable digital products; people with a solid understanding of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you'll do
- Enable clients to implement new digital solutions by helping define their strategic digital direction, and through execution and delivery of digital products.
- Develop prototypes and working proofs-of-concept, design systems, and minimum viable products as part of the delivery.
- Work in paired or larger multi-disciplined teams to collaborate and execute on projects in a demonstrative and consultative approach to help clients succeed.
- Read; experiment; learn; teach. Explore new technologies while seeking to improve the use of existing ones.
Please, note that this role requires up to 60% travel within the US.
- An ability to focus on customer needs and behaviors to craft compelling solutions
- A talent for device-agnostic user experience design and user interface development (UX/UI); able to use a wide range of tools – Sketch+Zeplin, Figma, Framer X, Adobe CC, and/or AxureRP – to accomplish this (you must be able to design).
- Expert level HTML & CSS skills, versed in modern approaches to solving presentational problems while mindful of the holistic issues.
- Applied professional experience working with multi-disciplined teams in iterative sprints with touch points across both UX design and UI development.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Deep understanding of atomic design principles and the application of them within design systems and pattern libraries.
- A passion for tinkering with new technologies and approaches, applying their use to real work scenarios in demonstrable outputs.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences; ability to facilitate and lead workshops and other collaboration-oriented activities with team, clients and wider groups.
- Deep understanding of what motivates, inspires and stifles software teams; experience with agile methods, along with having found their limitations and ways to overcome them.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
For more information, please, visit our website buildit.wiprodigital.com