- Gdańsk, Poland
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We’re a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better.
Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for people who enjoy a challenge and can adapt to their approach to the situation.
- People that understand the strength in Agile is being agile over doing agile.
- People that have multiple tools in their toolbox rather than a golden hammer.
- People that can prove the benefits of the small, can scale to the large.
- Servant leaders, that will form great relationship with their customers, built on trust.
- People who can curate cross-functional teams, and can help others build them.
- People with a concrete knowledge of trade-offs and the experience to know when to make them.
What you'll do
- Perform the role of coach, guide and mentor to teams using the Agile Manifesto as their guiding principle to deliver real solutions.
- Have experience on how to scale out frameworks like Scrum to large organisations, helping create an environment where agile can thrive.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients, balancing the need for large scale change with their incremental and personal responsibilities.
- Identify, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and techniques, with sensitivity for a clients’ culture and operating environment.
- Build high-calibre, multi-faceted teams and give them the space and trust to do what they do best.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and methodologies in the pursuit of excellence. Read; experiment; learn; teach.
- Keep an eye out for further opportunities to help our customers, and generate new business. Be the person our customers turn to.
Skills and experience we're after:
- A passion and deep knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Complexity Theory and Systems Thinking and their application to building great software.
- Real world experience in building software with agile techniques.
- Familiarity with best development practices, CI/CD, automation.
- A solid understanding of how to make this work at scale.
- Knowing when to talk and when to listen, when to lead and when to follow.
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows.
Stage 0: Let's chat
One of the Buildit talent team will call you for a quick chat to find out a little bit about you. For some roles we would ask you to complete an exercise after but we will let you know at this stage for sure!
Stage 1: Let's chat
A chat on the phone or a video call with one of the Buildit studio team, where we talk a bit about us and how your experiences can help us. For some roles we would invite you to the Studio to meet face to face, we would also welcome you at the studio if this would be your preference.
Stage 2: Exercise - this stage is for Technical Roles
Here we would like to see a little bit of your tech and coding skills. We will send you the details for the exercise, so that you can show us some awesome code. Your solution will be used in the next stage to build upon during a pairing session with a couple of our engineers.
Stage 3: Meet the team
This involves a visit to one of our studios, where you get to meet a few of the team if haven't done so in the process. We'll get to talk in more detail about what we do, your experiences and ambitions. If you are an Engineer we will also spend a bit of time talking about your tech submission and we will pair program building a few more features.
Stage 4: That's it
That's pretty much it. There will be one more phone call to confirm transfer details with you, and possible start dates. Welcome to Buildit @ Wipro Digital!
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.