- New York, NY, USA
buildit is a specialist engineering and consulting organization within Wipro Digital. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at-risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education and product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
We are in growth mode and looking for high caliber, deeply experienced, hands-on DevOps engineers who seek to be recognized as platform technology leaders growing our practice.
What you'll do
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning – We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
Who we are looking for
Senior DevOps engineers experienced in cloud adoption and migration, with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
- High level and deep technical experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment, particularly Jenkins, Travis and/or CircleCI
- Uses testing as a baseline practice: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
- Understands the challenges presented by cloud adoption and migration in both enterprise and green field contexts; how to build cloud native applications scratch and how to tackle monolithic system estates through the introduction of API’s, microservices and gateways
- Hands on practitioners with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software. Performs and accepts regular code reviews.
Required Technical Expertise
- Tech stack: Docker, Kubernetes , AppDynamics, WebSpher Commerce WCBD, Shell scripting fundamentals and hands on Gitlab , Git command line , version control , Configuration management , Springboot , Maven, apache Ant , knowledge on WebServers Like nginx, Python scripting, Gitlab-CI pipeline development , Integration with multiple systems , Ansible play book
Skills and Experience
- Strong Analytical skills and situation handling , learning skills.
- Handling multiple environments and with multiple configurations with Spring cloud configuration server or config maps
- Be able to set up pipelines for complex environments
- Understand Application performance and JVMs
- APPD knowledge
- Grafana and handling observability metrics
- Reporting with Splunk
- HELM and background on auto scaling
- AWS knowledge
- NGINX Ingress Controller – Kubernetes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.