- London, UK
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro Digital. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
What you'll do
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning – We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
- This role may require up to 75% domestic or international travel, often working directly at client locations
A technical lead with a good understanding of retail banking technology, cloud and mobile landscape with good experience or knowledge in designing/ implementing technology. Accountable for ensuring that Wipro’ innovative digital services and platforms meet the user need and the outcomes agreed between Wipro and the client, whilst ensuring our delivery follows good governance and quality standards. Empowers and supports Wipro teams to perform well, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with Wipro company values. Leverages successful delivery and senior client relationships to win new business with existing customers. Takes on wider senior management responsibilities for Wipro as required.
· Sets the vision for the Lab and is responsible for delivering the agreed outcomes for the client and Wipro.
· Establishes critical success factors for the LAb (beyond the traditional measures: on time, on budget and to agreed scope) and ensures each Feature team has a plan in place to achieve the success factors.
· Accountable for achieving or exceeding profitability targets plus accurate and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.).
· Develops and delivers a strategy for adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactively managed, and issues addressed promptly and appropriately.
· Motivates and empowers teams to create a positive and creative culture for our people to perform well, learn and grow.
· Ensures that all team members have clear goals, receive regular feedback and have timely and constructive appraisals.
· Accountable for staffing and on-boarding of new team members.
· Act as the escalation point for issues relating to an individual, team or project.
· Build and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
· Ensures that appropriate project governance arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed throughout the project lifecycle.
· Works with the Wipro assurance function to perform/support health checks, risk assessments and any required follow-up activity.
· Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and agreements and ensures security of information, at all times.
Business Development & Account Management:
· Drives future growth by working closely with Sales & Account Management teams to identify profitable business opportunities, scope innovative solutions for the client and influence the sales/procurement cycle such to best position Wipro to win new business.
· Promote successes Wipro-wide, to our customers and to the market, through case studies, award submissions, white papers, etc
Professional Development and Growth:
· Leads continuous improvement initiatives within the Management and team Capability.
· Understands current thinking from the Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilities and
· drives alignment accordingly.
· Encourage innovation in technology and process both within the lab and outside the lab.
· Proactively assists with recruitment activities to enable stable organisational growth
· Minimum (essential) requirements:
· Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable success managing the delivering of technology-based projects using agile methodology.
· Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility.
· Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplier relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
· Broad technology experience, awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours.
· Evidence of taking responsibility for financials on projects.
· Experience of adhering to robust project governance and technical quality standards.
· Strong ability to make reasoned decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands, Wipro commercial interests and the impact on the Wipro team.
· Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation.
· Experience of managing large-scale agile programmes/projects involving distributed teams in a multi-supplier environment.
· Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms.
· Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client.
· Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within an organisation.
· Evidence of thought leadership in the public domain.
· Holds a current and recognised Project or Programme Management certification.
· Proven ability to manage, motivate and empower teams and lead by example.
· Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics, particularly in a multi-supplier environment.
· Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong negotiating prowess.
· Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
· Have a natural willingness to share information freely.
· Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
· A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Wipro and
· Have the vision and drive to experiment and deliver ‘firsts’.