Principal Software Engineer (Cloud Native Application Architect)
- New York, NY, USA
buildit is a specialist engineering and consulting organization within Wipro iDEAS. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at-risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education and product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated, inquisitive AWS cloud full stack software developer to join our practice. You will help drive innovation, design and build differentiated solutions, and define new customer experiences for our customers (and customer’s customers). You’ll work with some of the brightest smart people within our company and at our customer’s organizations.
At buildit you’ll be amongst some of the most talented cloud native software engineering team, a.k.a., the smokejumper team.
Our culture, ways of working and typical client engagements represent an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance your career.
Specific skills requirements:
- 7+ years of experience as an Enterprise Application Developer and Architect
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and architecting cloud native applications and solutions (i.e., microservices, API Gateway, identity, and access management technologies like Oauth, SAML, big data and AI/ML solutions)
- Must have hands-on working experience with application discovery and rationalization, foundation design and build, application migration, and application modernization
- Design cloud native application architectures or optimize existing applications for AWS platform
- Must have working experience with serverless computing, PaaS (i.e., container), and container orchestration (i.e., Kubernetes, etc.)
- Customer-facing engineering leader who can contextualize ambiguous business problems and design and implement elegant solutions
- Proven ability to engage/influence key stakeholders and articulate value proposition
Nice to have skills:
- Experience of both application portfolio rationalization (APR) and R-Lane analysis is a plus
- Development of cloud transformation roadmap / strategy is a plus
- Exposure to cloud based IoT and Data Platforms is a plus
- BS in Computer Science is preferred
- AWS Certified Cloud Architect is a PLUS
- Must have US work permit – no sponsorship available
The hiring process:
Stage 1: An introductory video conversation to get to know each other
Stage 2: Completing a Hack Rank Assessment
Stage 3: Video interview with a buildit Principal Software Engineer
Stage 4: Final video interview with the head of buildit
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.