Senior Android Engineer
- London, UK
Buildit | Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland, India and Poland. Together with teams from Wipro Digital and Designit, we help organisations on their digital transformation journeys - creating new and exciting customer experiences, establishing new ways of working, delivering software, and a new way of approaching technology.
Buildit: Our co-creation and innovation accelerator studios comprised of a global network of engineering practitioners. Buildit team specialises in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey:
Our offering includes the following:
Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
What will you do:
• Working with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organisations to architect, design, and implement solutions.
• Designing, developing and productising mobile components and services that complete our Digital Rig – a fully automated platform and continuous delivery stack we use to
bootstrap and accelerate Customer Journey Engineering.
• Determine, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for a customer’s culture and operating environment.
• Complete solutions by coordinating, communicating, and contributing to team meetings and customer engagements.
• Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge sharing opportunities; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organisations. Read; teach; learn.
• Enhance the group’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
• Support the team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
What are we looking for:
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
. Experience in Kotlin development.
• Experience in writing the Unit test and UI tests.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services using RxJava.
• Understanding of new Android Jetpack functionalities and implementations.
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
This is a consulting SME / Practitioner role and may require domestic or international travel.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com/