- Dublin, Ireland
Buildit: Our co-creation and innovation accelerator studios comprised of a global network of engineering practitioners. Buildit team specializes in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey: Our offering includes the following:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We challenge the way companies approach problem-solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer-centric approach. We love technology and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who you are
You are an experienced hands-on engineer who wants to be recognised as a technology leader within our organisation and in the eyes of our clients. You’re passionate in what you do and you desire to advance your knowledge.You strive to have a progressive impact on those around you.
You identify, articulate and influence business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscapes, and across the software lifecycle from concept, through realisation into production.
You want to work in cross-functional teams and want to help others learn how to build them. You appreciate the value of cross-functional teams and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
You’re a self-starter with the drive to keep yourself, and those around you, at the leading edge of the platform technology curve.
What you have
- Hands-on experience in modern software engineering technologies, methods and practices.
- The ability to explain complex technological topics to specialists and laymen alike.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and their challenges.
- Experience in promoting DevOps culture.
- Experience in automation, CI/CD, containerisation, IaaS, infra-as-code, configuration-as-code, visibility & observability.
- An understanding of the challenges in building cloud native applications from scratch, and migrating monolithic system estates to cloud through the introduction of API-driven micro-services architecture.
- Ability to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
What you will do
- Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team whilst keeping a laser focus on the outcomes.
- Enable your clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to production, and deliver better solutions through better software.
- While striving for the idea/solution you will establish a pragmatic way forwards with your client, and then make it happen.
- Share your knowledge with the wider Buildit and client families; be a collaborator, a teacher and a student.
- You’ll work at base and at client locations with potentially 70% of time spent on site either nationally or internationally.
- You will not be pigeon-holed, you will have the opportunity to acquire multiple specialisations.