- Edinburgh, UK
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro iDEAS. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
What you'll do
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning – We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
- This role may require up to 75% domestic or international travel, often working directly at client locations
This is a new programme of work where you will be involved in a business critical, multi-year transformation programme. This is an area of high profile within the current customer engagement and the transformation is going to further enhance the market offering for this client.
You will have involvement in JAVA based tools Development, Web services, Microservices development, web portals development, Spring batch tools development.
You will have a clear ability to communicate architectural decisions and mentor team members on various development technologies and decisions.
You will gain exposure to microservices architecture comprises of service registry and discovery, proxy routing, load balancing, distributed tracing, metrics monitoring, hystrix monitoring along with central configuration and swagger documentation on proxy
- Spring Boot
- Apache Camel
- Apache Kafka