- Dublin, Ireland
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We love demanding challenges and getting to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. “Digital” can be both ambiguous and all encompassing with aspects of Engineering, Design, and Delivery. Technology centric but much more than just technologists, our agenda is delivering success for our customers.
We value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. We also help our clients on their transformation journey and through that process we are helping to transform the company we work for as well. We are helping to create new business model: a new technology consulting business.
Who we are looking for
Buildit @ Wipro Digital's global engineering studios are looking for people across all levels of experience, who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and understand why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you'll do
The work is varied, ranging from engineering leadership with a product team, to developing sustainable infrastructure and CI/CD Pipelines, and changing engineering practices that cross organisational boundaries. You will need initiative, resilience, and patience, but you will have the opportunity to directly impact how large enterprises practice software engineering.
Common tasks include:
- Enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
- Building real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team.
- Exploring up-and-coming technologies and software products.
- Read; experiment; learn; teach.
What you’ll need
We do not expect any single candidate to possess expertise in all of these areas, but this is what we value. If you do not possess these skills now, this is what you can hope to learn:
- A passion and talent for software delivery, with an appreciation of all the pieces of the puzzle that make it happen.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, with a track record championing the merits of a DevOps culture.
- A track record implementing the principles and practices of Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment.
- Hands-on experience with the tools and technologies that enable CI/CD (eg. Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS/VSTS, Maven, Gradle, Nexus, Artifactory - or similar, depending on the technology stack).
- Hands-on experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Expertise in at least one Infrastructure/Configuration-as-Code technology (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Puppet, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, SoA, microservices, including enabling tools and technologies (Spring Cloud, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry, etc.).
- Good understanding of the secure and reliable integration between components in modern applications: backed to web and mobile front-end.
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- Experience with agile methods (Scrum, Kanban), along with having found their limitations and ways to overcome them.
- Good communication skills across diverse groups (stakeholders, engineers, designers, business analysts, etc.).
- Excellent collaboration skills (work in an open and sharing culture).
What else we value
- Expertise in at least 2 of the modern languages: Java/Spring, Python, GoLang, NodeJS, Groovy, C#, Scala, etc.
- Experience working within cross-functional delivery teams, collaborating across: UX, Service Design, Front-end, Delivery, Ops.
- Appreciation of what motivates, inspires and stifles software teams.
- Experience with data engineering and analytics technologies, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra.
- General understanding of technologies used in modern web and mobile applications would be advantageous.
How we’ll support you:
- Mentoring is available from other specialties, not just DevOps engineering
- You’ll be assigned a Coach to help you achieve your career goals and look after your wellbeing
- Opportunities to work in other tribes, if you want to learn something new
- An annual training budget for conferences and courses
- A positive atmosphere with our family of passionate people who love tech
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows:
Stage 0: Let's chat
One of the Buildit talent team will call you for a quick chat to find out a little bit about you.
Stage 1: Let's chat with the Engineering team
A chat on the phone or a video call with one of the Buildit studio team, where we talk a bit about us and how your experiences can help us.
Stage 2: Tech exercise
Here we would like to see a little bit of your tech and coding skills. We will send you the details for the exercise, so that you can show us some awesome code. Your solution will be used in the next stage to build upon during a pairing session with a couple of our engineers.
Stage 3: Meet the team
This involves a visit to one of our studios, where you get to meet a few of the team. We'll get to talk in more detail about what we do, your experiences, ambitions and how you can help us grow and build awesome software. Amongst things we will also spend a bit of time talking about your tech submission and we will pair program building a few more features.
Stage 4: That's it
That's pretty much it. There will be one more phone call to confirm transfer details with you, and possible start dates. Welcome to [email protected]!
To find out more about us please visit http://buildit.wiprodigital.com
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible at all stages. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.