Senior Full-Stack Engineer
- Edinburgh, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We love demanding challenges and getting to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. “Digital” can be both ambiguous and all encompassing with aspects of Engineering, Design, and Delivery. Technology centric but much more than just technologists, our agenda is delivering success for our customers.
Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better.
Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
What Will You Do:
You will be joining an Agile team of like-minded Engineering talent and delivering key solutions for the Products and Services that will drive value for our customers end-users. We are looking for Engineers who are able to be leaders within their field and within their product area.
You will have the opportunity to create new APIs, improve the functionality of various customer facing products, will work to define Product Scope and around what is going to add the most value for customers. There are new platforms to build into the current systems as well as defining and building new systems.
What you will bring to the role:
We want people to bring their Engineering expertise to our already high-quality team and find their part to play within the delivery. Helping others out, constantly sharing your knowledge and expanding your own knowledge through continuous learning and self-development. You will also bring a leadership approach and an ability to clearly articulate why working in a certain way or introducing a certain technology will be of overall benefit to our customers and as part of their transformation.
We want people to come with experience in the following:
· Java for our back-end development
An Agile outlook and experience in a Scrum environment
What will we do for you:
We put a great deal of value on giving everyone coming into BuildIT the platform to grow in their careers and also to develop those around them. With this in mind we are committed to the following:
· We will give you the autonomy to work out how best you are going to deliver your code.
· We will free you up from the clunky processes in other organizations and allow you to focus on the development work you are passionate about and where you can add most value.
· We will buddy you up on day one with a like-minded Engineer who can show you the ropes and the wider team will welcome you in.
· Learning from your peers on a daily basis is a given and a benefit which isn’t readily available in other places and this is something we have worked hard to build and are proud of our team for ensuring it continues.
· You will have the opportunity to attend events, talks, seminars and you will be able to share your story of how you played your part in building [email protected] in Edinburgh.