Quality Engineer - Permanent
- Edinburgh, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We love demanding challenges and getting to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. “Digital” can be both ambiguous and all encompassing with aspects of Engineering, Design, and Delivery. Technology centric but much more than just technologists, our agenda is delivering success for our customers.
Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better.
Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
We are looking for you to join the Edinburgh team as an Automation Test Engineer to support our key Product Teams with delivering the new features and upgrades that our customer has chosen BuildIT to deliver.
Working in smaller Agile teams, you will be involved in enabling change at a fast pace and responsible for focusing on best of breed testing principles across WebUI and APIs. You will have the opportunity to shape and evolve testing practices across both manual and automated testing, with a key focus on automation.
Due to the close-knit nature of the team and the working environment already in place you will be working closely with some of the most talented designers, engineers, business analyst and product owners in the market. Constantly looking to innovate and enhance the offerings to our customer this is an ideal role for you if you like working in a fast-paced team, if you like learning from others whilst sharing your knowledge and also having fun when you come to work. The team are working towards a state of continuous integration/continuous delivery and you would play a pivotal part in this going forward.
Given the Agile delivery focus this team works within, you will be comfortable and confident contributing at the daily stand ups and flagging any delivery issues before they become issues. We don’t expect you to always have the solution to the problem but we do expect you to be able to identify any problems before they arise.
Previous experience of performance testing using the likes of JMeter, Locust or K6 would be beneficial. As would any experience of non-functional aspects of web application testing such as Accessibility and Security.
What will we do for you:
We put a great deal of value on giving everyone coming into BuildIT the platform to grow in their careers and also to develop those around them. With this in mind we are committed to the following:
· We will give you the autonomy to work out how best you are going to deliver your code.
· We will free you up from the clunky processes in other organizations and allow you to focus on the development work you are passionate about and where you can add most value.
· We will buddy you up on day one with a like-minded Engineer who can show you the ropes and the wider team will welcome you in.
· Learning from your peers on a daily basis is a given and a benefit which isn’t readily available in other places and this is something we have worked hard to build and are proud of our team for ensuring it continues.
· You will have the opportunity to attend events, talks, seminars and you will be able to share your story of how you played your part in building [email protected] in Edinburgh.