- Denver, CO
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland & India. We're a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
We are looking for people
Who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
Please, note that this role requires up to 60% travel within the US.
What you'll do
- Lead large-scale, end-to-end digital transformations, using the Agile Manifesto as your guiding principle and building real solutions through experimentation.
- Enable clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
- Identify, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and techniques, with sensitivity for a clients’ culture and operating environment.
- Build high-caliber, multi-faceted teams and give them space and trust to do what they do best.
- Develop strong relationships with clients - build trust based on transparency and delivery excellence.
- Put in place the appropriate governance structures and supporting information channels that address the needs of all the project stakeholders, managing their expectations and dealing with the escalation and resolution of issues.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and methodologies in the pursuit of excellence.
Real-world experience and success with agility at scale.
Knowing when to talk and when to listen, when to lead and when to follow.
- Can you negotiate with players at all levels and influence business leaders to prioritize agility over efficiency?
- Is your expertise in iterative development to a level that you can pinpoint and communicate what best Technical and Process frameworks are needed to drive results that best fit each organization’s needs?
- Can you evangelize and teach the success factors for implementing CI/CD?
- Can you diagnose anti-patterns from both the Technology and Process sides of delivery?
- Do you have a deep understanding of the full end-to-end SDLC?
- Are you able to diagnose where problems are occurring and resolve inefficiencies by understanding how and when to implement process frameworks, CI/CD and the tooling used to drive results?
- Can you handle high-pressure scenarios and difficult projects without reverting back to a command and control management style?
- Do you have experience with value stream delivery and improving Product time to market?
- Do you share problems, as well as victories, and believe that fostering an environment of openness, transparency and fairness is the best way to keep a customer satisfied and deliver disruptive innovation?
- Have you successfully scaled multiple delivery teams? Can you speak to the risks inherit when scaling and compare and contrast different approaches?
- Are you experienced in creating fail-safe, fail-fast environments where multiple experiments evolve the best solution for the end user?
- Are you experienced in managing teams of teams, or setting up communities of excellence to allow for continuous improvement within specialties?
- Do you have a proven track record of successfully delivering large programs of work, while maintaining a strong relationship with all parties?
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows.
Stage 0: Let's chat
One of the Buildit talent team will call you for a quick chat to find out a little bit about you. For some roles we would ask you to complete an exercise after but we will let you know at this stage for sure!