- Gdańsk, Poland
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organisation within Wipro Digital.
Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
What you'll do
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realisation into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning – We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
- This role may require domestic or international travel, working directly at client locations
We are looking for people who have a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies.
Our approach is grounded in lean and agile ways of working, and includes engineering practices such as automated unit and functional testing, and CI & CD.
Skills and experience we’re after
- You’re an experienced Java Engineer, having taken features from idea / design through to production
- If you have experience with other languages, that’s a definite plus, but is not essential
- You have experience in and are a fan of test-driven development; this is super important to us
- You want to collaborate within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams
- You’re keen to learn other tools, technologies, and languages
- The practice and implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery & Deployment
- The Infrastructure as Code approach
- Experience working with Cloud and *aaS platforms
- Using containers and container management / orchestration techniques and platforms, such as Docker, K8S, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Approaches to monitoring & analytics
- Being comfortable discussing technical implementation through to high-level architecture
- Emergent design through an iterative approach
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com/