- Edinburgh, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We love demanding challenges and getting to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. “Digital” can be both ambiguous and all encompassing with aspects of Engineering, Design, and Delivery. Technology centric but much more than just technologists, our agenda is delivering success for our customers.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
What you'll do
- Responsible for defining and operating the strategy for the clients software engineering capability in line with agreed transformation solution.
- Collaborating with engineering directors, integrated delivery and campaign teams across Wipro Digital and client, ensuring that the capacity of the Software Engineering Capability matches the future demand.
- Leading the development of an effective environment that facilitates vibrant and collaborative software teams in line with Wipro Digital and client leadership behaviours and values.
- Responsible for driving thought leadership, best practice and increased performance throughout the software engineering community.
- Developing relationships with customers, senior industry engineering leaders and professional bodies to enable software capability to take best advantage of future market trends.
- Through partnership and communication with the client, work with business and functional directors within Wipro Digital to create collaborative working relationships that demonstrably drive the Engineering growth strategy.
- Recognised as an expert in the software profession internally with colleagues and client, building teams with the right skills and competencies to meet current and future demands in order to deliver excellent results to customers.
Ability to be part of shaping and steering engineering through its transformation journey through knowledge of best practise, past experience, an understanding of industry direction and hands on experience of contemporary engineering
Needs to have a start-up mentality and experience of quick releases with iterative and continuous delivery
Has a practical understanding of core competencies at a Leadership level: Agile, DevOps, Customer-First Development, Modern Architecture
They will run a lab of c 100 engineering resources that include: mainframes and other older technology back ends, full stack front end digital, integration 3rd party systems etc
They will have a place in my leadership team and direct engineering in terms of best practice: technology, process, method & people
Skills and experience:
Recent Technical Experience: respected leader who can make good technical decisions about modern technology and architecture. DevOps Organisation experience is essential
Track record of working in Agile/non-waterfall environments: fully understands and approaches Agile practically
Track record of successfully recruiting great people: ability to recruit the best people
Experience in an Engineering Org or start-up: lives and breathes the direction we’re going in
Strong Leadership Skills: able to influence, persuade and lead
Experience managing teams of 20+ people: experience managing teams, but jump is not huge
Clear written communication skills: for the chat-focused labs we’re building
Thorough, practical understanding of customer-first design: Has practical experience in doing things for customers properly
Challenge Mind-set: able to challenge Group, Senior Execs and others throughout transformation
Community Involvement: connected to the outside Engineering world and understand it – Networks are big benefit for recruiting
Continuous Improvement Mind-set: keeps themselves up to date with tech and with awareness of outside companies/methodology/advancements