- Edinburgh, UK
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro iDEAS. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
What you'll do
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning – We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
- This role may require up to 75% domestic or international travel, often working directly at client locations
Who are we Looking for:
We are looking for people with a truly Agile Mind-Set who want to be involved with the best technical teams in Edinburgh. We want you to help us, help our customer change their way of thinking and how they approach problems. We want you to join our team and help teach and also learn from the others in the team. If you are looking for a quiet environment, where you can hide away then this isn’t for you. We want people who know how to make the most of Agile Delivery and who can share that with the team and with our customer. But we also want people who are humble and know when to ask for support and guidance and who aren’t afraid to admit they might not have the right answer there and then. But you will know how to find out the right answer.
Most importantly we are looking for you to value the people in your team and wider teams. Supporting them to flourish, understand the pros and cons of implementing certain ways of thinking, technologies or methodologies.
What Will You Do:
Working with our talented Engineering teams, you will be a hands on Scrum Master enabling the teams to deliver new development, products and enhancements to meet customer requirements. Understanding the truly Agile Principles and being able to be an Agile Leader is key in this role. Working through fortnightly sprint cycles you will drive the team forward and make sure that they have the best environment for delivering the best code. You will also be able to understand how to adapt the Agile approach to be fit for purpose, this is not an 'out the box agile' environment.
The Scrum teams you will be taking ownership for will include a number of Engineers, QAs and a Product Owner from the business. Making sure everyone has an equal say and responsibility is part of the role of the Buildit Scrum Master and the teams are well versed themselves in Agile and what it takes to have a successful Agile team.
- Understand clients' organisations, aspirations and challenges.
- Help clients identify promising solutions through participating in, and leading, digital workshops.
- Motivate and inspire cross-functional teams in the delivery of digital platforms and features at pace.
- Execute a transformation agenda through applying the right fit practices, tools and techniques
- Determine, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for a customer’s culture and operating environment.
- Enhance the group’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Support the team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.