Bangalore Studio Lead
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
buildit: Our co-creation and innovation accelerator studios comprised of a global network of engineering practitioners. Buildit team specialises in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey: Our offering includes the following:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We are looking for a Studio Lead for our Bangalore, India studio. The successful candidate
must have an excellent track record of managing customer and employee experience,
and retaining and growing existing customer footprint.
buildit is a startup with a large enterprise, therefore it is essential for this candidate to
wear multiple hats to support both our demand generations, business operation, and
culture-building to facilitate growth for our Bangalore studio. The Studio Lead is
accountable for the effective running of the Bangalore studio, its people, and client
work. A Lead is an enabler, servant-leader, salesperson, facilitator, janitor, coach,
mentor, confidant, arbitrator, and most importantly, a doer.
As the Bangalore Studio Lead, you will ensure continuity of existing engagements,
continuous billability of our team, proactively manage bench, demand and work closely
with the business operations team to ensure the growth and sustainability of our studio.
This position will report directly to the Head of buildit. Within the first 90 days, it is our
expectation that the candidate will learn about buildit’s core offerings and skill
categories to effective position us to both our internal customer (vertical and sales
team) and external customers with absolute confidence and ease.
What you would do:
- Ensure that the studio’s revenue, utilization, and headcount targets are met and align to the overall buildit strategic plan,
- Develop and manage solid relationships with our engineers, vertical (client partners), and sales team to effectively position buildit resources and capabilities,
- Work closely with the Talent Management function to attract, retain and develop the right talent to grow the studio,
- Develop and package talent profiles (our most valuable asset) to ensure marketability and reduce bench risk,
- Implement best practices and new ideas to augment and or complement our go-to-market offering,
- Manage studio attrition levels and develop recommendations as appropriate,
- Focus on outcomes and able to drive team goals to align with company goals,
- Support studio members’ learning & self-development and community contributions,
- Collaboration with buildit Studio Leads to contribution to buildit's public branding (meet-ups, conferences, blogs),
- Uphold and embody buildit’s core values and principles
- Experience in coaching, counseling and mentoring is a PLUS,
- Technical background is not required but a PLUS. Experience constructing sales proposal is PLUS,
- Proven strong track record of aligning staff, processes, and systems to drive customer loyalty and retention,
- May be requested to travel for client engagements, sales and internal meetings,
- Must have 10+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development and Management, preferably in IT or Technology,
- Must have solid experience in developing presentations and various reports leveraging Keynote and MS Excel,
- MUST have prior experience working in a complex and political environment with a cool head,
- MOST Importantly, the successful candidate MUST have empathy and self-awareness
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- Master's Degree or MBA is a plus
- Scrum and PMP certifications are a plus
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows:
Stage 1: Let's chat
A chat on the phone or a video call, where we talk a bit about us and how your experiences can help us.
Stage 2: Meet the team
This involves a visit to one of our studios, where you get to meet a few of the team. We'll get to talk in more detail about what we do, your experiences, ambitions and how you can help us grow and retain awesome talent.
Stage 3: That's it
That's pretty much it. There will be one more phone call to confirm transfer details with you, and possible start dates. Welcome to buildit!
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.