Director – Engineering & Co-innovation Studio
- London, UK
We are a specialist engineering practice within iDEAS/Wipro. We are structured as engineering and co-innovation studios globally.
We help our customers with design and build cloud-native business applications, accelerate product engineering and solve complex business problems through targeted intervention, leveraging multi-disciplinary - tools and modern engineering best practices.
Our global co-innovation studios are structured to enable our enterprise customers to learn and co-create new products by working side-by-side with our high-performance engineering team to develop MVP or fully featured products or technical business solutions at a rapid pace from ideation, design and architecture to industrialization with end-to-end accountability.
What we do:
· Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by a small group of experts.
· Co-creation Studios: designed to help our customers to co-create tangible products in record time. From concept, design, architecture, rapid prototyping, MVP to industrialization.
· Professional Education: Fully customized high-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, Lean etc.)
What you will do:
- Accountable for day-to-day management, mentoring, motivating, attracting and retaining our high-performance engineering talents.
- Work closely with other buildit Studio Leads to ensure close cooperation and alignment.
- Work closely with buildit Global Head and help accelerate the buildit 2.0 growth strategy.
- Foster a high-performance engineering team and a culture of collaboration that will not only help enhance our brand perception within Wipro but also become a magnet for top talent.
- Ensure that buildit is a safe space for our people to work, have fun, share ideas, achieve personal and professional growth and be the champion of change for Wipro and our customers.
- Coach, mentor and empower our team to ensure that we operate with integrity, transparency, inclusivity, responsiveness and most importantly, be accountable.
- Uphold and embody buildit and Wipro’s core values and principles in everything we do.
- Ensure people have the time to develop and grow during client engagement and bench time.
Demand generation and business growth:
- Compelling articulation of buildit value proposition to both internal and external stakeholders to showcase buildit robust engineering capability to drive a business outcome and enhance Wipro’s brand perception and increase market share.
- Build trusted relationships with the iDEAS sales team, global account executives (GAEs) and other service lines to generate “qualified” business demands.
- Attract and retain the highest caliber engineering talents to ensure delivery excellence and earning the right to become a trusted advisor
- MUST meet our utilization and revenue objectives.
- Proactively contribute to the creation of new services offerings to keep us market-relevant and maintain a competitive edge.
Recruiting and business operation:
- Work closely with buildit business operations team to actively recruit and fulfill all demands with speed and scale.
- Leverage buildit operations team to ensure uniformity in all intellectual properties and reusable collaterals.
- Coordinating all operational needs (hiring, onboarding, offboarding, training, studio headcount, utilization, bench, revenue reporting etc.)
The ideal candidate for this role:
- A technology executive or a consultant with current or previous experience of leading a software and or product engineering team.
- Big 4 or boutique software engineering background is a plus.
- Previous experience in building a consulting offering is a plus.
- Solid understanding of modern and cloud-native software engineering, methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Excellent executive presence with the ability to articulate a compelling value proposition and complex technical matters in layman’s terms to non-technical business or sales audience. -
- Strong business acumen and P&L experience
- A passionate leader with a growth mindset (our business and our people); empathy and self-awareness.
- Experienced in managing software developers/engineering teams between 30 – 60 employees.
- Track record of carrying and achieving sales & growth targets.
- Experience in strategic planning, hiring, and setting up a cross-functional team of engineers and transformation leads.
- Experience in coaching, counseling and mentoring and all aspects of people development.
- relevant work experience,
- years leading technology teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business
- MUST have working experience with offshore and nearshore team members
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
This is a consulting SME / Practitioner role and may require domestic and international travel.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.