Head of Engineering (NY)
- New York, NY, USA
Buildit | Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro organization. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in the US, UK, Ireland, India and Poland.
Our co-creation and innovation accelerator Studios comprise of a global network of engineering practitioners. The Buildit team specializes in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey.
Our offering includes the following:
• Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
• Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
• Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We are scaling at speed, looking for engineering talent to change the way companies think and approach problems, people who want to work with teams and individuals who share a passion for solving complex problems, people who want to own entire problems, embracing technology, ways of working and customer experience. We recognize that digital transformation is more than tech. Digital transformation is, ultimately, about people. People determine if change is adopted or fails, and through collaborating with each other, clients, or partner organizations, that changes can become lasting improvements.
What you'll do
- Responsible for defining and operating the strategy for the client’s software engineering capability in line with agreed transformation solution.
- Balance support for relevant pre-sales activity with the client and internal demand.
- Collaborate with Designit, Strategy and Sales to Identify, develop and curate propositions to unlock value for new and existing clients.
- Responsible for driving thought leadership, best practice and increased performance throughout the software engineering community.
- Developing relationships with customers, senior industry engineering leaders and professional bodies to enable software capability to take best advantage of future market trends.
- Through partnership and communication with the client, work with business and functional directors within Wipro Digital to create collaborative working relationships that demonstrably drive the Engineering growth strategy.
- Recognised as an expert in the software profession internally with colleagues and client, building teams with the right skills and competencies to meet current and future demands in order to deliver excellent results to customers.
- Winning new business, own the solutioning and pre-sales life cycle working in tandem with the sales / account management teams
- Presenting at internal client conferences as well as in industry forums
- Wipro Digital brand ambassador driving brand recognition in the local marketplace
Who we are looking for
An Engineering expert with extensive experience in running large scale engineering transformation programs in mid to big size enterprises.
- API strategies / platforms
- Microservices architecture
- Introducing modern engineering practices aimed at increasing velocity, such as CI/CD
We are looking for an expert who has experiences working with enterprise clients and is driven by solving hard core engineering problems - ‘’bridge old and new’’.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience in leadership and relationship management
- Passionate about technology, but not extremely opinionated
- Understands that there is always more than one way to solve a problem and that it is principles that matter, not specific tech manifestation of these principles
- Good understanding of true meaning of Agile
- Can act as trusted consultant to our client and as leader and mentor to our teams
- Has business mindset, understands that nobody does tech for tech sake, we are there to solve business problems, and that’s the only real measure of IT success
- Understands and believes in alignment between IT and Business
- Understands that value of engineering work needs to be expressed in terms of business benefit
- Enterprise experience or Professional Services experience working with Enterprise clients is a must
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
This role may require up to 80% domestic or international travel.