- Pune, Maharashtra, India
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation.
We’re a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time.
This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better.
Our people are at the core of this process.
Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet.
The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
Who are we looking for?
Someone that will build strong relationships with our clients, becoming a trusted advisor and help identify and help win future opportunities for BuildIt and wider Wipro within the client.
Someone who is passionate about technology and will understand how to take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals
Someone who is experienced in working with various client engagements and taking them on a digital transformation journey.
Someone trusted to act in the best interests of the client based on their own judgement, experience, and conscience.
Someone that can provide technical direction for the studio and help lift the overall ability of the studio and the engineers within it.
You should be a polyglot, an architect when required, a mentor and a friend to your colleagues.
Deep experience in helping clients formulate cloud strategy and execute the roadmap from legacy to cloud migration.
Should be familiar with designing and developing compelling user experience and interfaces.
Deep understanding and passion for best practices in software construction and software design principles.
What you’ll do?
- You will uphold and embody BuildIt’s core values and principles - trust, autonomy, transparency, and openness of communication, diversity, with a hands-on attitude
- Someone with a proven track record and experience of implementing digital solutions and platforms within enterprise environments.
- You will be accountable for both the quality and velocity of the engineering teams, however you will not use command and control techniques to achieve this. You will understand the engineer’s intrinsic motivators and lead them towards success.
- You need to ensure that the engineers understand why good engineering practices are important and lead by example in your interactions.
- You will be a servant leader.
- You will code, and review code. Engineers will be able to turn to you when they are stuck.
- You will test, and understand why testing is crucial to quality.
- You will be able to simplify complex problems and explain them to non-technical stakeholders.
- You will be comfortable talking to graduates and to CTO’s, and everyone in between.
- You will share, you will write articles or books, present at conferences and always represent the BuildIt and Wipro brands.
- You will have opinions on the latest technologies, however you will be married to none and adopt an agnostic approach.
- You will be true to your own beliefs, and you will be resilient in the face of adversity.
As BuildIt is a global team you may be required to travel on occasion.
Finally … Technology moves, the competition moves, the market moves, the people move. We love that complexity – we think it’s where really interesting challenges come from, which require the ability to see both detail and the bigger picture. The future belongs to those who understand that it’s not about system specification but end-user expectation. The future belongs to those who design and build it. The future belongs to those who make it. We build software. We build teams. We build new ways of working. We build better organisations.