- Edinburgh, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland & India. We're a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
In this leadership role you will be driving the strategic directon within the Creative space looking at both Product Design and Design Systems. You will come from either a Front-End Engineering background with some expertise within UX and other areas, or a UX Design background with a keen eye for coding. You will be taking the lead in conversations with our Customers and helping them shape the strategy behind their products which will have the highest impact with their customers. You will have led similar teams through similar design journeys and understand how to make the highest impact on Product Design.
Skills and experience we’re after:
- An ability to focus on customer needs and behaviors to craft compelling solutions
- A passion and talent for UX/UI using a variety of tools and techniques
- An ability to take the lead on conversations around Product Design and Design Systems
- An experience with Zeplin would be an advantage
- A leadership mentality and mindset, focused on people development as well as Product Development
- A desire to learn and keep up with new technologies that transcends current crazes and trendy tools or frameworks
- Experience of working with UX teams to jointly craft UIs that are both exciting and fit for purpose
- Deep understanding of what motivates, inspires and stifles software teams
- Experience with agile methods, along with having found their limitations and ways to overcome them