Full Stack Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland & India. We're a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you'll do
Enable our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team.
Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products. Read; experiment; learn; teach
Skills and experience we’re after:
- You have a passion and talent for software development, with an appreciation of all the pieces of the puzzle that make it happen, handling both server-side and client-side code.
- You have excellent ES2016/ESNext, HTML & CSS skills, and are comfortable using modern frameworks to develop single page applications and static sites.
- You are familiar with modern front-end design principles; off-line and mobile first, responsive design, progressive web apps, living style guides and atomic design.
- You are familiar with the practices of TDD and BDD and write unit, functional, integration and system tests for your code.
- You have solid knowledge of RESTful web services, API integrations, modern build tools and working within the NodeJS ecosystem.
- You are familiar with a range of databases, relational and/or NoSQL.
- You want to work within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams collaborating on product delivery: UX, Service Design, Platform, Delivery, Ops.
- You are experienced working within an Agile environment, with Continuous Delivery and source control practices.
- You are good at communicating and have a passion for working hand in hand with designers.
- You have an ability to focus on customer needs and behaviours to craft compelling solutions.
How we’ll support you:
- Mentoring is available from other specialties, not just full stack engineering
- You’ll be assigned a Coach to help you achieve your career goals and look after your wellbeing
- Opportunities to work in other tribes, if you want to learn something new
- An annual training budget for conferences and courses
- A positive atmosphere with our family of passionate people who love tech
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows:
Stage 0: Let's chat
One of the Buildit talent team will call you for a quick chat to find out a little bit about you.
Stage 1: Let's chat with the Engineering team
A chat on the phone or a video call with one of the Buildit studio team, where we talk a bit about us and how your experiences can help us.
Stage 2: Tech exercise
Here we would like to see a little bit of your tech and coding skills. We will send you the details for the exercise, so that you can show us some awesome code. Your solution will be used in the next stage to build upon during a pairing session with a couple of our engineers.
Stage 3: Meet the team
This involves a visit to one of our studios, where you get to meet a few of the team. We'll get to talk in more detail about what we do, your experiences, ambitions and how you can help us grow and build awesome software. Amongst things we will also spend a bit of time talking about your tech submission and we will pair program building a few more features.
Stage 4: That's it
That's pretty much it. There will be one more phone call to confirm transfer details with you, and possible start dates. Welcome to [email protected]!
To find out more about us please visit http://buildit.wiprodigital.com
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible at all stages. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.