Full Stack Engineer
- Warsaw, Poland
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We’re a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better.
Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults. We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you'll do
- Enable our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
- Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products. Read; experiment; learn; teach.
Skills and experience we’re after
- Full stack Java, ES2016/ESNext JS, modern SPA frameworks and engineering, solid HTML5 and CSS, automated testing, familiar with design systems, working hand in hand with UX and UI teams.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express.
- Write quality code and tests like unit testing, automation testing.
- Excellent ES2016/ESNext, HTML & CSS skills, comfortable using modern frameworks to develop single page applications.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of working with UX teams to jointly craft UIs that are both exciting and fit for purpose.
- Deep understanding of what motivates, inspires and stifles software teams.
- Experience with agile methods, along with having found their limitations and ways to overcome them.
- Exposure to continuous integration, continuous delivery concept and tools.
- Experience in mobile development using any framework like React-native / PhoneGap / Ionic is a plus.
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows.
Stage 0: Let's chat
One of the Buildit talent team will call you for a quick chat to find out a little bit about you. For some roles we would ask you to complete an exercise after but we will let you know at this stage for sure!
Stage 1: Let's chat
A chat on the phone or a video call with one of the Buildit studio team, where we talk a bit about us and how your experiences can help us. For some roles we would invite you to the Studio to meet face to face, we would also welcome you at the studio if this would be your preference.
Stage 2: Exercise - this stage is for Technical Roles
Here we would like to see a little bit of your tech and coding skills. We will send you the details for the exercise, so that you can show us some awesome code. Your solution will be used in the next stage to build upon during a pairing session with a couple of our engineers.
Stage 3: Meet the team
This involves a visit to one of our studios, where you get to meet a few of the team if haven't done so in the process. We'll get to talk in more detail about what we do, your experiences and ambitions. If you are an Engineer we will also spend a bit of time talking about your tech submission and we will pair program building a few more features.
Stage 4: That's it
That's pretty much it. There will be one more phone call to confirm transfer details with you, and possible start dates. Welcome to Buildit @ Wipro Digital!
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.