Senior Java 8 Developer
- Austin, TX, USA
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro Digital. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at-risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education and rapid product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
What you do:
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You balance the books between technology purism, best practice and solution-fit
- Collaborative Solutioning – You work in cross-functional teams, help others learn how to build them and realize their value. You have a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages and methodologies and can articulate their strengths and weaknesses
buildit is growing. We’re looking for a high caliber, hands-on Core Java Engineer experienced in data modeling and implementing API’s with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
- Java developer who can develop in an agile distributed team
- Good Core Java (Miniumum version 1.8)Concepts
- Minimum 7 years of experience in enterprise Java development
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Experienced in delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application
- Experienced in crafting and implementing REST API
- Proven strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experienced in developing applications that utilize relational databases (e.g. Oracle) and other less structured data stores (NoSQL)
- Ability to articulate the benefits of Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration.
- Knowledge of data modeling using Oracle and Cassandra databases.
- Equally valuable is experience in building low latency service APIs, and data aggregation pipelines.
Core Development Skills:
- Java 8 and above
- SpringBoot, Docker, SpringCloud, SpringSource and other Spring components.
- Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes experience /knowledge
- Experience /Knowledge on Kafka, DevOps tools
- Design and develop scalable Restful services
- Good communication and articulation skills
Nice to have :
- Familiarity with Modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure and distributed storage systems (ScaleIO, Amazon S3)
- Source control management such as Git, SVN
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.