Head of Engineering / Studio Lead
- New York, NY, USA
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro organization. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We love demanding challenges and getting to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. “Digital” can be both ambiguous and all- encompassing with aspects of Engineering, Design, and Delivery. Technology centric but much more than just technologists, our agenda is delivering success for our customers.
We value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. We also help our clients on their transformation journey and through that process we are helping to transform the company we work for as well. We are helping to create new business model: a new technology consulting business.
What you'll do
- Lead the New York studio ensuring proper structure and operation whilst creating a great team that meets our strategic business goals.
- Responsible for defining and operating the strategy for the client’s software engineering capability in line with agreed transformation solution.
- Balance support for relevant pre-sales activity with the client and internal demand.
- Collaborate with Talent Management and Sales functions to attract, retain and develop the right talent. Review and analysis of ‘bench talent’ to respond to demand.
- Maintain and develop skills matrix for the effective operation and continuous evolution of the studio.
- Collaborate with Designit, Strategy and Sales to Identify, develop and curate propositions to unlock value for new and existing clients.
- Responsible for driving thought leadership, best practice and increased performance throughout the software engineering community.
- Developing relationships with customers, senior industry engineering leaders and professional bodies to enable software capability to take best advantage of future market trends.
- Through partnership and communication with the client, work with business and functional directors within Wipro Digital to create collaborative working relationships that demonstrably drive the Engineering growth strategy.
- Recognised as an expert in the software profession internally with colleagues and client, building teams with the right skills and competencies to meet current and future demands in order to deliver excellent results to customers.
- Winning new business, own the solutioning and pre-sales life cycle working in tandem with the sales / account management teams
- Presenting at internal client conferences as well as in industry forums
- Wipro Digital brand ambassador driving brand recognition in the local marketplace
Who we are looking for
An Engineering expert with extensive experience in running large scale engineering transformation programs in mid to big size enterprises.
• API strategies / platforms
• Microservices architecture
• Introducing modern engineering practices aimed at increasing velocity, such as CI/CD
We are looking for an expert who has experiences working with enterprise clients and is driven by solving hard core engineering problems - ‘’bridge old and new’’.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience in leadership and relationship management
- Passionate about technology, but not extremely opinionated
- Understands that there is always more than one way to solve a problem and that it is principles that matter, not specific tech manifestation of these principles
- Good understanding of true meaning of Agile
- Can act as trusted consultant to our client and as leader and mentor to our teams
- Has business mindset, understands that nobody does tech for tech sake, we are there to solve business problems, and that’s the only real measure of IT success
- Understands and believes in alignment between IT and Business
- Understands that value of engineering work needs to be expressed in terms of business benefit
- Enterprise experience or Professional Services experience working with Enterprise clients is a must
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.