Platform Engineer - Devops, Cloud, AWS
- New York, NY, USA
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro organization. We’re a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better.
Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
We are looking for experienced hands-on engineers who are and want to be recognized as platform technology leaders within our organization and in the eyes of our clients; a recognition gained through your passion for what you do, your desire to advance your knowledge and the progressive impact you have on those around you.
We are looking for people who can identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons. You will not be pigeon-holed, you will specialize in acquiring multiple specializations.
Skills and experience we’re after:
- Broad exposure to and experience of current engineering toolsets, methods, practices, and technologies including but not limited to Cloud, CI/CD, Containerisations, Microservices, Java, Node.js, Spring, *aaS, infra-as-code, monitoring, analytics, automation, ...
- Understanding the challenges presented by cloud adoption and migration in both enterprise and green field contexts; how to build cloud native applications scratch and how to tackle monolithic system estates through the introduction of API’s, microservices and gateways.
- Hands on practitioners with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software.
- Be a self-starter with the drive to keep at the leading edge of the platform technology curve, knowing the best way but establish the ‘right’ way with your client, and then make it happen.
- Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team whilst keeping a laser focus on the outcomes.
- Share your knowledge with the wider Buildit and client families; be a collaborator, a teacher and a student.
- Be prepared to work at base and at client locations with potentially 70% of time spent on site either nationally or internationally.
Not essential but experience with other languages such as Node.js, Groovy, Scala, Ruby, or Python would be a nice-to-have
Good engineering practices:
Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI)
Testing: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
Version control and typical workflows
Working knowledge of latest technologies:
Containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
Cloud infrastructure/services (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Good communication skills across diverse groups (stakeholders, engineers, business analysts, etc.)
- Initiative (identify value work and execute delivery)
- Leadership (influencing stakeholders, up-skilling engineers)
- Commercial awareness (pragmatic approach to problem-solving)
- Systems thinker (understand how large organizations operate and common pitfalls, LEAN manufacturing)
- Agile (experience with Scrum, Kanban)
- Collaboration (work in an open and sharing culture)
This is a consulting SME / Practitioner role and may require up to 80% domestic or international travel.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad. Please, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
For more information, please, visit our website buildit.wiprodigital.com