Managing Director - Engineering Studio (NY)
- New York, NY, USA
Buildit | Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland, India and Poland.
Our co-creation and innovation accelerator Studios comprise of a global network of engineering practitioners. The Buildit team specialises in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey.
Our offering includes the following:
Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We are scaling at speed, looking for engineering talent to change the way companies think and approach problems, people who want to work with teams and individuals who share a passion for solving complex problems, people who want to own entire problems, embracing technology, ways of working and customer experience. We recognise that digital transformation is more than tech. Digital transformation is, ultimately, about people. People determine if change is adopted or fails, and through collaborating with each other, clients, or partner organisations, that changes can become lasting improvements.
The Managing Director is accountable for all aspects of the studio effective running and growth of the studio - its people, and client work. The MD is not a taskmaster, interventionist or centre of attention, rather an enabler, servant-leader, facilitator, coach, mentor, confidant, an arbitrator, a doer. Supported by a leadership team the MD is trusted to act in the best interests of the Studio, wider organization and Customers based on their own judgment, experience, and conscience. You will:
- Lead the NY studio, ensuring proper structure and operation of the studio while creating a great team that meets our strategic business goals
- Uphold and embody Buildit’s core values and principles: transparency, curiosity, inclusivity, pragmatism, responsibility, open-mindedness and getting stuff done
Business Development and Growth
- Engage with sales and account teams to identify and execute opportunities for Studio engagement to build a reputation and generate reputation
- Ensure people have the time to develop and grow during client engagement and bench time
- Balance support for relevant pre-sales activity with the client and internal demand
Staffing and Operations
- Ensure commitments are met, maintain a high “say-do” ratio
- Manage interference and ‘noise’ unrelated to our core mission
- Collaborate with Talent Management and Sales functions to attract, retain and develop the right talent and bench to respond to demand
- Ensure the existence of required roles for the effective operation and continuous evolution of the studio
- Ensure studio's alignment to the Buildit business plan while maintaining studio level financial discipline
- Across Buildit global studios, wider organization and subsidiaries
- Work with the Head of Buildit and other MDs to ensure the health and cohesiveness of Buildit, its people, and shared ethos
- Studio contribution to Buildit's public face (meetups, conferences, blogs)
- We are global so you will be requested to travel for client engagements, pre-sales, and internal meetings
- A solid appreciation of technology, its evolution, potential and application in the Digital Age
- Client focus and the desire to be at the center of their transformation and ours
- Commercial acumen commensurate with running a consulting practice
- Ability to foster an amazing team culture and thrive inside that team as an egoless peer
- Experienced in managing teams and/or setting up communities of excellence to allow for continuous improvement
- An understanding that digital transformation of large enterprises is a long game with much resistance to overcome, having the stamina, patience, persistence, and pragmatism to see such initiatives over time
- Ability to demonstrate commercial ownership of the company to meet or exceed revenue and margin expectations and utilization percentages
- A proven track record of successfully delivering programs of work whilst maintaining a strong relationship with all parties
- Experience in strategic planning, hiring, and setting up a cross-functional team of engineers and transformation leads
- Experience in coaching, counselling and mentoring and all aspects of people development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.