- Edinburgh, UK
Buildit: Our co-creation and innovation accelerator studios comprised of a global network of engineering practitioners. Buildit team specializes in accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey: Our offering includes the following:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We challenge the way companies approach problem-solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer-centric approach. We love technology and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
We are in growth mode and looking for high calibre, deeply experienced, Solution Architects who have delivered high level designs within an evolving Payments enviornment and who seek to be recognized as platform technology leaders growing our practice. This is a new role for the team in Edinburgh and is part of a Payments transformation programme which we have been asked to lead on. You will bring to the role a depth of knowledge around Payments Platforms and transactions along with previous Solution Architecture experience. You will be working with the team to deliver designs that will enable the customer to transition from their current state into their new targetted Payments platform.
Solution Architects who are experienced in Payments, Cloud adoption and migration, with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
- High level Solution Architecture and design experience - ideally across a number of Payments Platforms (NPA -New Payments Architecture or Faster Payments or CHAPS / BACS / International Payments )
- Technical expertise with Java / Maven / Spring Boot / Reactive Microservices
- Hands-on experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Rancher is ideal for working alongside our Platform Engineering teams
- Additional technical skills around Kafka / MQ / Camel is highly sought after
- From a tech agnostic approach knowledge in the following would be an advantage Cloud migration / Containerisation / Distributed Systems / Microservice Architecture and High volume / throughput systems design
- A real bonus and to make you stand out from the crowd would be previous experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Hands on practitioners with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike. Enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software.
Our teams work collaboratively alongside our customer teams and you will be able to fit into this model of working. In additon we deliver using an Agile approach but one that is tailored to meet the needs/demands of the team and that is fit for purpose. You will be supported by a team of experts within their engineering field and who have worked hard over the past few years to not only build a level of trust with the customer teams but also be allowed the autonomy and flexibility to work in their own way that delivers maximum value add results.
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.