Senior iOS Engineer
- London, UK
Buildit | Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland, India and Poland. Together with teams from Wipro Digital and Designit, we help organisations on their digital transformation journeys - creating new and exciting customer experiences, establishing new ways of working, delivering software, and a new way of approaching technology.
Buildit: Our co-creation and innovation accelerator studios comprised of a global network of engineering practitioners. Buildit team specialises in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey:
Our offering includes the following:
Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
What you will do:
• Woking with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organisations to architect, design, and implement solutions.
• Designing, developing and productising mobile components and services that complete our Digital Rig – a fully automated platform and continuous delivery stack we use to bootstrap and accelerate Customer Journey Engineering.
• Determine, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for a customer’s culture and operating environment.
• Complete solutions by coordinating, communicating, and contributing to team meetings and customer engagements.
• Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge sharing opportunities; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organisations. Read; teach; learn.
• Enhance the group’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
• Support the team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
• Drive collective ownership and continuous improvement of the codebase.
What are we looking for:
• Proven iOS development in a production context (Swift and Objective C).
• Strong programming style leveraging Swift specific coding conventions
• Familiarity with another programming language (i.e. Ruby)
• Understanding, advantages and disadvantages of the different iOS architectures.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back end services (i.e. PromiseKit)
• Solid understanding of iOS memory management and asynchronous code patterns.
• Storyboards/xibs and prototyping, size classes, auto layout.
• Familiarity with the Xcode Instruments for debugging and optimisation
• Confident working with version control systems (Git).
• Strong appreciation of TDD practices.
• Hands-on experience of continuous delivery (Jenkins).
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
This is a consulting SME / Practitioner role and may require domestic or international travel.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com/