Principal Software Engineer (Data Engineer with AWS & Hadoop)
- Austin, TX, USA
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro iDEAS. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at-risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and rapid product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile and Lean methodologies)
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated, talented Data Engineer to join our practice. You will leverage technology platforms and datasets to enable our enterprise customers to uncover new insights and fine-tune their operations to achieve their strategic business objectives.
Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to build systems that meet business needs.
Design and build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational excellence best practices.
Specific skills requirements:
- Analyze multiple source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
- Demonstrate passion for highest quality and productivity by leveraging effective development techniques, tools, processes, best practice, and methodologies
- Comfortable in communicating complex technical matters in layman’s terms with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Solid hands-on working experience with Python as well as declarative programming languages (e.g., SQL, SPARQL)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working on data-centric systems using MPP Database technologies and Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or AWS equivalents
- Understanding of processing and modeling large, complex data sets for Analytical use cases with Database technologies such as AWS Redshift, Teradata or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently with little supervision to deliver on time quality products
- Familiarity with AWS cloud technologies such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Kinesis, Athena
- Familiarity with BI and Visualization platforms such as Tableau, MicroStrategy and AWS Quicksight
Our hiring process:
Stage 1: Introductory video conversation to get to know each other
Stage 2: (a) Coding exercise and (b) Technical video interview
Stage 3: Final video interview with the head of buildit
buildit is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.