- Leeds, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We don’t have any other agenda except delivering success for our customers. We love demanding challenges, we always get to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. Whether it is programming, delivery of projects, software architecture, CI/CD practices, or UI/UX design it is all related to technology, and more specifically to this ambiguous term “Digital”.
We value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. We also help our clients on their transformation journey and through that process we are helping to transform the company we work for as well. We are helping to create new business model: a new technology consulting business.
You are a technical lead, DevOps lead, technical architect or technical manager. You will have broad experience across the entire software development life-cycle, from inception through to production. You will have successfully delivered complex technical programmes of work at scale.
The work is varied, ranging from engineering leadership within a product team to developing sustainable infrastructure via container orchestration to changing engineering practices that cross organisational boundaries. You will need initiative, resilience and patience, but you will have the opportunity to directly impact how large enterprises practice software engineering.
- Good communication skills across diverse groups (stakeholders, engineers, business analysts, etc.)
- Initiative (identify value work and execute delivery)
- Leadership (influencing stakeholders, up-skilling engineers)
- Commercial awareness (pragmatic approach to problem-solving)
- Systems thinker (understand how large organisations operate and common pitfalls, LEAN manufacturing)
- Agile (experience with Scrum, Kanban)
- Collaboration (work in an open and sharing culture)
- Good engineering practices:
- Continuous integration/delivery (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI)
- Testing: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
- Source code control: git, git flow
- Languages and frameworks:
- Working knowledge of latest technologies:
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Cloud infrastructure/services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Operational experience:
- Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com/