- London, UK
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and wider Wipro Organisation. We’re a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
We challenge the way companies approach problem-solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer-centric approach. We love technology and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who you are
You are an experienced hands-on engineer who wants to be recognised as a technology leader within our organisation and in the eyes of our clients. You’re passionate in what you do and you desire to advance your knowledge.You strive to have a progressive impact on those around you.
You identify, articulate and influence business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscapes, and across the software lifecycle from concept, through realisation into production.
You want to work in cross-functional teams and want to help others learn how to build them. You appreciate the value of cross-functional teams and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
You’re a self-starter with the drive to keep yourself, and those around you, at the leading edge of the platform technology curve.
What you have
- Hands-on experience in modern software engineering technologies, methods and practices.
- The ability to explain complex technological topics to specialists and laymen alike.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and their challenges.
- Experience in promoting DevOps culture.
- Experience in automation, CI/CD, containerisation, IaaS, infra-as-code, configuration-as-code, visibility & observability.
- An understanding of the challenges in building cloud native applications from scratch, and migrating monolithic system estates to cloud through the introduction of API-driven micro-services architecture.
- Ability to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
What you will do
- Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team whilst keeping a laser focus on the outcomes.
- Enable your clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to production, and deliver better solutions through better software.
- While striving for the idea/solution you will establish a pragmatic way forwards with your client, and then make it happen.
- Share your knowledge with the wider Buildit and client families; be a collaborator, a teacher and a student.
- You’ll work at base and at client locations with potentially 70% of time spent on site either nationally or internationally.
- You will not be pigeon-holed, you will have the opportunity to acquire multiple specialisations.
This is a consulting SME / Practitioner role and may require up to 80% domestic or international travel
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.