- New York, NY, USA
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro organization. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland & India. We're a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you'll do
Lead large-scale, end-to-end digital transformations, using the Agile Manifesto as your guiding principle and building real solutions through experimentation.
Enable clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
Identify, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and techniques, with sensitivity for a clients’ culture and operating environment.
Build high-calibre, multi-faceted teams and give them the space and trust to do what they do best.
Develop strong relationships with clients - build trust based on transparency and delivery excellence.
Put in place the appropriate governance structures and supporting information channels that address the needs of all the project stakeholders, managing their expectations and dealing with the escalation and resolution of issues.
Explore up-and-coming technologies and methodologies in the pursuit of excellence. Read; experiment; learn; teach.
- You will be responsible for working with the Product owner in sprint planning, maintaining product backlog, retrospective meetings and more
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Raising risks and issues at the right time and to the right person
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- You will be focused on Delivery, and will take complete ownership of deliveries for own team
- A minimum 3+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master (Agile PM) for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum ceremonies, principles and practices
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches like XP, Kanban is added advantage
- Experience with working in environment where other Agile / devops techniques are used: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment, Automated Testing etc
- Should have good enough understanding of technologies used in project team: Java, responsive UI development using Java script, Spring
- Added advantage of working on cloud and micro services based projects
Mandatory Skills: Scrum, Kanban, Java background, Communication skills
- You are a self-starter and pragmatist, able to balance quality, delivery and focus as well as an excellent communicator
- You have a great understanding of what motivates and inspires agile teams
- You demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences