- London, UK
Buildit: Our co-creation and innovation accelerator studios comprised of a global network of engineering practitioners. Buildit team specializes in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey: Our offering includes the following:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We challenge the way companies approach problem-solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer-centric approach. We love technology and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
What you’ll do:
Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You balance the books between technology purism, best practice and solution-fit
Collaborative Solutioning – You work in cross-functional teams, help others learn how to build them and realize their value. You have a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages and methodologies and can articulate their strengths and weaknesses
buildit is growing. We’re looking for a high caliber, hands-on Platform Engineer experienced in cloud adoption and migration, with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
- Solve complex business challenges, defining and building best practices focused on cloud native architectures
- Define, build and deploy effective and targeted strategies to accelerate broad pre-sales engineering activities
- Develop automated solutions to build, deploy, and test applications in a cloud environment
- Own, oversee, and drive improvement of the software development practice across the project team
- Coach/mentor client, and consulting teams whilst delivering transformative solutions
- 7+ years in software engineering, 2+ years consulting experience
- Must have deep hands-on Core Java, Python Scripting, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Rest and Soap web services, JUnit, NoSql DB, Jenkins
- Some familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, CICD, Mockito, WireMock, and concepts and processes related to Scrum Agile
- Hands-on practitioner with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software
- Performs and accepts regular code reviews
- Experience with DevOps architecture and implementation
- Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Initiative to identify value work and execute delivery
- Demonstrated leadership through influencing stakeholders and up-skilling engineers
- Commercial awareness using a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work.