Sales Development Representative
- Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Who we are: We're a B2B HR tech company transforming the way hiring is done for both candidates, HR and Talent teams.
At Weirdly we’re changing the way companies think about the recruitment process. We build software to enable hiring to be faster, fairer and more efficient for hirers, and way less boring for candidates. That’s where Weirdly comes in: Building a modern, candidate friendly talent platform, because we believe effective and fair recruiting is centred around soft-skills and potential, not degrees and traditional resumes.
In the interest of full disclosure, you’ll only enjoy life here if you’re comfortable with a bit of chaos. Like every startup, we ran before we could walk. That means in some cases our systems, frameworks and processes aren’t perfect, but we’re learning and evolving. This is what makes working at Weirdly exciting. It’s a journey that challenges you to hone your skills, get creative and get your hands dirty helping us design more efficient ways to grow.
Our journey so far has been a big one, born out of New Zealand with an office in Sydney, we service the globe working with customers in retail, telco, enterprise SaaS and more. Following this success, we're growing at a rapid rate with 2021 looking to be bigger than ever. We attribute our success to not just hiring the best people but also to making sure our people enjoy doing what they do. We’re united by our weirdness and a common set of values: We like to Get Curious, Get People, Get Naked, Get Pretty and Get Shipping on the daily. These values drive and inform everything we do - from sales strategies to the product roadmap.
We're looking to hire SDR's who will prospect and qualify potential customers for the sales team, building trust and rapport that results in qualified opportunities. This position will be an integral part of our sales engine. The SDR is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Weirdly and will be responsible for generating and qualifying new leads. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for determining potential opportunities for new business, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities
- Prospect for new business, researching companies and individuals that meet criteria for prospective partnership with Weirdly
- Develop ideal customer profiles for outbound prospecting
- Qualify inbound inquiries
- Build new methods for attracting clients
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the business development team
- Work to meet and exceed monthly goals defined to maximize deal flow with outbound emails, calls, setting up meetings, etc.
- Occasionally close new business opportunities
- 2-3 years’ experience in demand development, lead generation, or sales, ideally within SaaS, HR Tech or recruitment businesses
- Outstanding phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with CRM software
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Ability to build relationships with internal partners, fully understand technology platform capabilities, and Weirdly's ability to solve partner needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency
- Represent the company and our products with a high degree of professionalism
- Competitive compensation
- All of the standard perks that other start-ups do (options, best tech, flexibility, social events, paid parental leave)
- Build your own work environment with the kit that works for you.
- We maintain a true culture of work smart, play hard, where most of our goals are team goals. When the team wins, we all win
- We have a distributed workforce. No clocking in our clocking out. You will be empowered to work autonomously to suit your lifestyle.
- Moderate travel across ANZ when possible and the “Trans-tasman Covid Bubble'' is created.
Weirdly celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. Please let us know if you need any assistance applying for this position