New College Grad (Undergrad) - Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Seeking a passionate Software Engineer who can solve challenging business problems, build applications that provide an excellent user experience. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills.
- Champion software development best practices such as software development standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration test etc.
- Capable of working collaboratively with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge in web service development using REST, JSON, XML, AJAX, HTML 5, CSS is a plus.
- Previous tech internship experience is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with senior business and technical IT management.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.