Intern Game Services Programmer
- Kyiv, Ukraine
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft’s 20,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Game Services Internship - an educational program for the Intern/Junior level experience candidates. This internship program helps people without any commercial experience in online services skills get such experience within our company.
During the program, you will be mentored by our programming experts from different projects. Classes will build a series of contexts that replicate first-hand experiences that a typical Game Services Programmer would encounter in a project.
As the Game Services Programmer, you will enjoy developing solutions that would bring players' online experience to the next level! Everything that is between player, game, and internet is in your responsibility — Online Services like Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking, etc.
The program will take place in November 2021 - January 2022 at the Ubisoft Kyiv studio and foresee respective remuneration.
- Get actively involved in the courses and work closely with team members to achieve set objectives
- Become proficient in the tools, techniques, and processes used for game and server development at Ubisoft
- Gain knowledge in all Game Services development related activities
- Write clean code and technical documentation
After the Program you will be responsible for:
- Develop online features, monitor and operate solutions for Ubisoft video games
- Create, optimize and maintain online services (Online Services like Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking)
- Integrate online service with video games and build related web tools that are used for the game’s development, monitor, and live operation
- Leverage your tech skills to build scalable and reliable solutions which offer the best experience for millions of players
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in your field and evaluate internal or external technologies to find the best fit for your project
- Participate in determining systems behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and allow users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Strong knowledge of C# .NET
- Experience in C++
- Experience in the backend development with RESTful approach
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, or similar)
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with an original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.