Senior VFX Artist
- Helsinki, Finland
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and friendly professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a
Senior VFX Artist for our unannounced mobile project
Following the success of South Park: Phone Destroyer and Trials Frontier, our studio has kicked off a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! As our Senior VFX Artist you will create real-time VFX assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing our high-quality standards. You will collaborate closely with our Creative and Art Directors as well as other artists. You can take full ownership of your tasks and organizing your own workflow.
We are looking for an Artist who is driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest relevant tech. You have excellent skills in discussing ideas together and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed together. You’re a visionary who thinks outside the box and is not afraid to implement the craziest ideas!
Our project will push the existing boundaries of mobile games with truly unique ideas. You will join a team of enthusiastic game developers who seek growth opportunities with open minds. You will get to work in an agile studio with an outspoken and playful atmosphere and enjoy the network and support of international colleagues of Ubisoft.
- Be a key driver for the VFX side of the project
- Create real-time VFX assets for mobile platforms following the artistic guidelines
- Research, review and present proposals for new features and techniques
- Work with the production artists, designers, and developers to ensure that VFX assets are always game ready
- Testing and fixing your work in the build
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions
Your skills and experience
- A degree or a diploma in Animation, VFX (real-time) or equivalent academic, or professional experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a VFX Artist in the gaming industry or relevant field
- In-depth understanding of real-time VFX pipeline and exceptional technical abilities
- Strong animation, texture painting, and lighting skills
- Experience developing Unity games
- In-depth knowledge of 2D/3D DCC applications (for example Photoshop, Maya, After Effects, Houdini etc.)
For you to thrive in this role, you
- Take ownership and are a proactive person
- Have the ability to work within deadlines and are well-organized
- Are a goal-oriented problem solver
- Actively seek opportunities to enhance your current skills and are responsive to feedback
- Foster teamwork and possess excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Are fluent in both written and spoken English
- Have passion for mobile games
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV with your salary expectations and a portfolio displaying your best VFX work. In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.