Ubisoft Coding Campus - Online Programmer Trainee
- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Code Campus is an international career accelerator, specialized in Online Programming, in one of the most dynamic industries: video games.
During 6 months, you will go from zero to hero, with the help of Ubisoft online programming experts as mentors and specialized teachers from top computer science universities. The programme is focusing on building a series of contexts that replicate first hand experiences, which a typical online programmer would encounter in a project, during a structured accelerated learning process.
At the end of the course, you will be ready to take on the amazing world of video games. You have the chance to relocate to one of the Ubisoft studios participating in the programme and continue as a full-time Online Programmer in one of the studios from the Ubisoft network - Paris, Annecy, Montpellier, Toronto, Quebec, Helsinki or Bucharest.
All you need to join the Ubisoft Coding Campus is passion for video games, knowledge of any programming language, problem solving skills and eagerness to learn and evolve quickly.
You will start with a 2D shooter, adding multiplayer gameplay features and online services, such as leaderboards or matchmaking. You will learn to scale these services for millions of players by choosing the right solutions, to use or develop specific techniques and technologies, store, access, monitor and analyze different data.
The courses will take place at Ubisoft Bucharests' offices between July 2018 - January 2019 and will be paid with a monthly scholarship.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of C++ and Python programming languages;
- Get actively involved in the courses and work closely with team members in order to achieve set objectives;
- Become proficient in the tools, techniques and processes used for game and server development at Ubisoft;
- Write clean code and technical documentation.
- Passionate about gaming: we are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way - we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- Fast learner and eager to evolve in the field of online programming;
- Analytical thinking and algorithmic skills;
- Programming skills (any programming language; C++ is a plus);
- Personal gaming projects constitute a big advantage;
- Proficiency in English.
- A monthly scholarship and a full-time contract at the end of the programme;
- Unlimited “questions time” with industry leading experts;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health, you’ll have access to private medical system.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core. Being one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania, Ubisoft has built, throughout its 26 years of existence, a strong foundation to grow on.
More than just games, we strive to create immersive and engaging worlds that offer moments of escape, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for self-discovery and learning.
With a strong history of acclaimed games like Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels or HAWX, the studio has moved into co-development and has made its mark in blockbuster games like, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance.
We are currently involved in the development of some of Ubisoft’s biggest AAA brands, such as Ghost Recon, Assassin’s Creed and The Crew.
We want you to be our partner in this, we want you to evolve with us.