Sound Designer [Unannounced Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
As a Sound Designer you’ll combine audio and technology to communicate ideas and feelings which will bring our players journey to life and improve the overall player experience.
This is a temporary position (12-month contract) based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating quality sound effects (studio/foley recordings, synthesis techniques), and/or utilizing pre-recorded in-house and commercial material;
- Linear sound designing and mixing for cut scenes and cinematics;
- Implementing assets into Wwise and Snowdrop (our in-house Game Engine), ensuring they perform as intended in-game;
- Ensuring documentation for your audio features is continually updated.
You are a curious, creative, and quality-conscious designer dedicated to your craft. You have excellent communication skills in English (our company language), and your emphatic nature enables you to easily relate, understand and collaborate with your peers.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant showreel of your audio work is required;
- Experience from more than one game development cycle in an Audio function;
- Previous experience from a major production through to release;
- Relevant degree in a Music/Audio field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Experience with recording (both studio and field recording techniques), signal flow, processing, and mixing;
- Expert Wwise knowledge, audio post process plugins mastering, performance optimization knowledge;
- Extensive knowledge of Pro-Tools & Reaper;
- Experience creating and mixing surround content;
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation, on current console platforms & PC and therefore the ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.