Home Support Supervisor
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
Flexible Days is one of the reasons why caring professionals choose to work with Spectrum. Work-life balance is so important to our team of 2,800 people.
We are hiring Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) as Home Support Supervisors to work with our clients in Peel Region including Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon.
What kind of health care organization would we be if we did not provide great Wellness Benefits. They include health, dental and an Employee Assistance Program (if you need a little help).
The Home Support Supervisor leads a team of Personal Support Workers (PSWs) in the field, providing ongoing training, coaching, and performance management.
- Travel to patient’s homes in the community
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams in a community setting
- Assesses patient needs, according to the timeframe established by contractual agreements, formulates the plan of care and assesses progress towards outcomes
- Responsible for the management of staff, conducting performance appraisals and implementing progressive disciplinary action
- Gathers, records and analyzes patient and employee feedback and maintains an awareness of key indicators such as caseload volume, staff turnover, occurrence rates, satisfaction levels, risk levels, and performance appraisal completion rates
- Ensures that all patient concerns and complaints are addressed and documented in a timely manner
- Current registration with the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with progressive leadership responsibilities as a direct supervisor, preferably in a community setting
- Valid driver's license and has access to a reliable vehicle
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (Additional language skills considered an asset)
- Solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing and service delivery to Patients as well as program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Mandatory COVID 19 Vaccine Policy
Spectrum Health Care is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This award recognizes top companies across Canada for overall performance, sustained growth, strategy, capabilities and innovation, culture and commitment, and leadership. Click here to learn more about this esteemed honour.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at ([email protected]) for assistance.