Construction Operating Engineer (Nationwide Locations)
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Operating Engineers with experience in the safe operation of vertical drilling/driving rigs such as Bauer BG and RTG, Cranes (RT, Hydraulic Crawler, Lattice Boom)Tie Back drills, Micro Pile drills, Jet Grout Drills/Mixers/Pumps, Excavators and attachments in similarity to casing manipulators, soil mix cutting wheels, TEI type drill masts, vibratory hammers and shotcrete nozzles, Rough Terrain Telescoping forklifts, skid steer and wheel loaders as it relates to geotechnical/civil construction specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, support of excavation ground treatment/improvement, Tunnel access shafts, soil nailing/shotcrete walls.
- Ability to follow and implement all of Schnabel and OSHA safety regulations
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment inspections/logs/documentation and identify inefficiencies that need corrective action
- Understands and able to signal others to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications (rigging)
- Understands the importance that Schnabel quality standards are met
- Has knowledge of bench requirements for equipment and the ability to identify risk in a less than ideal situation
- Ability to listen to instruction and willingness to seek assistance to perform work correctly as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 10 hour certified
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified
- Proven ability to operate mentioned equipment proficiently and safely
- Minimum of 2 years documentable experience at the journeyman level
- NCCCO certified for crane operator position
- Willingness to attain certification for vertical drill rig, tieback rig
- Rough Terrain forklift certified
- Requires working in all weather conditions
- Ability to travel as required for projects
- Ability to focus at a high level in a construction environment that is very busy and noisy
- Have a sense of emotional intelligence to manage stress and emotions as it relates to the workplace
- Able to converse effectively by verbal, written and electronically
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.