Field Engineer (Multiple Locations)
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
(This position is available in all seven of our regional locations in the states of MD, CO, GA, TX, CA, IL, & PA)
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
This position will allow you to learn how to direct and coordinate a project in accordance with plans, specifications, agreed upon construction procedures, within budget and on schedule. The Field Engineer will be working closely with our Foremen, Field Superintendents, and Project Managers across all disciplines of the project they are assigned.
- Assist Foremen, Field Superintendents, and Project Managers as needed
- Assist with the planning, scheduling, coordination of necessary manpower, tools, materials and equipment needed to complete the job on schedule and within budget
- Assist with the review and preparation of all onsite documentation in a timely manner, including daily reports, Daily Construction Reports, pictures and other Quality Control items
- Learn and apply construction safety and OSHA standards to maintain a safe work site and ensure equipment on the site is well maintained, available, and clean
- Working towards an Engineering or a Construction related degree
- Desire to work in the construction industry
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Legally able to work in the United States
Skills, Abilities, and Behaviors:
- Strong analytical & time management skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer skills such as MS Excel and Word
- Exhibits highly ethical behavior in decision making and interactions
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Able to lead and motivate team members
- Strong decision making and delegation skills
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.