Construction Manager (Multiple Locations)
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
(This position is available in all seven of our regional locations in the states of MD, CO, GA, TX, CA, IL, & PA)
Come join us at Schnabel and become part of our 60+ year history of success designing and building specialized foundation systems. We offices nationwide and employ professional engineers across the country to safely design and manage construction on our projects. We are currently searching for a Construction Manager to be based out of our Houston, Texas office. We are looking for an individual who enjoys teamwork, a dynamic work environment, and has the desire to become an expert in his field.
As a Schnabel Construction Manager:
- You will be responsible for managing all aspects of projects in earth retention and specialty foundations
- Primary responsibility for communicating and implementing our Culture of Safety
- Management and coordination of projects including people, budgets, contracts, procurement, equipment and installation
- Ability to do geotechnical and structural analysis and design a plus
- Construction Management primarily within the region, but also on projects throughout the country
- Communicate at all levels of the project both written and oral
- Grow in responsibility with the company with experience and positive contributions.
- Bachelor's degree BSCE preferred
- Graduate degree preferred but not essential
- One to five years’ experience in geotechnical work or project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish working relationships with all members of the project team
- Creative problem solving and good analytical skills
- Emphasis on ethics in management
- Willingness to travel as needed, most work will be in Texas
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain a plus
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.